Can I roll over my 401(k) into a Roth IRA at Swell?

If contributions to your existing retirement plan were made post-tax (i.e. if you have a Roth 401k or 403b), you can rollover your plan into a Roth IRA tax-free.

If your retirement plan is a Traditional 401k or 403b, you can still roll over the funds into a Roth IRA, however it would be considered a Roth Conversion and the rollover would need to be reported as income at tax time -- meaning you would need to pay ordinary income tax on the funds.

If you would like to move forward with a Roth Conversion, please reach out to our Investor Relations team at

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request
Submit a request